Friends of Victoire is a group of men and women around the world who have all come together to call for the release of Victoire Ingabire Umuhoza and to denounce injustice committed against her and her comrades.
Friends of Victoire’s mission is to call for the release of Victoire Ingabire Umuhoza and to denounce injustice committed against her and other political prisoners.
The aim of the organisation is to raise awareness of the plight of Madam Victoire Ingabire Umuhoza as a prisoner of conscience.
We advocate Victoire Ingabire’s belief in ubuntu ideology that highlights a need for understanding but not for vengeance, a need for reparation but not for retaliation.
We also hope to facilitate greater understanding and awareness about the problems faced by our community.
Friends of Victoire wants to celebrate a truly reconciled Rwandan society.
Friends of Victoire aims to utilise the story, experience, values, vision and leadership of Madam Victoire Ingabire Umuhoza to provide a non-partisan platform for true and genuine reconciliation.
What all Friends of Victoire have in common is that we have all been touched by her courage and self-sacrificing spirit for all Rwandan people.
Friends of Victoire is a non politically affiliated organisation
Friends of Victoire has no affiliation to any political party although its members may be involved in political parties privately and outside the organisation. Our objective is to better help and support Victoire Ingabire as her personal friends.
Friends of Victoire is a not-for-profit organisation
Friends of the Victoire is a non-profit community organization and an all-volunteer group that depends on contributions and donations from our community and from our members.
How Friends of Victoire will achieve its goal?
Friends of Victoire aims to achieve its mission by:
- Organizing information workshops and discussion groups on identifying and denouncing injustice committed against Victoire Ingabire Umuhoza and her comrades and to raise awareness of the link between Mandela’s struggle for freedom and Victoire Ingabire’s struggle for peace and reconciliation.
- To identify and uphold her suggested path to true reconciliation of the people of Rwanda and to continue her work in building a platform that advocates peace and reconciliation through dialogue and partnership/collaboration.
- To advocate Victoire Ingabire’s belief in Mandela’s ubuntu ideology that highlights a need for understanding but not for vengeance, a need for reparation but not for retaliation, a need for ubuntu but not for victimization; an ideology she believed in to assist Rwandan’s to view and resolve the tragedies that befallen their country.
- Organizing networks across the world to raise awareness of Victoire Ingabire’s struggle.
- Organizing cultural evenings to raise funds to support Victoire Ingabire legal advisors, supporters in Rwanda and other people that are suffering in similar ways.